The Ombudsman draws the attention of drivers to the necessity of observance traffic rules on the approach vehicles with special signals.
Thus, DPR Traffic rules approved by the Order of the DPR Council of Ministers № 3 – 12 from 12.03.2015 (with changes) defined the following:
- in the case of a vehicle approaching with a blue flashing light and (or) a special sound signal, drivers of other vehicles that may create an obstacle to movement are obliged to give way to it and ensure unhindered passage of the indicated vehicle (and the vehicles accompanied by it);
- when approaching a stationary vehicle with a blue flashing light turned on and a special sound signal (or without a special sound signal), standing on the side of the road (near the carriageway) or on the carriageway, the driver must reduce the speed to 40 km/h even if the regulator of the corresponding signal to stop. You can continue driving only with the permission of the traffic controller;
- on vehicles moving in an escorted convoy, the dipped-beam headlamps must be switched on. If flashing beacons of blue and red or red only are included on such a vehicle, drivers of other vehicles must stop at the right edge of the carriageway (on the right side of the road). On a road with a dividing lane, this requirement must be fulfilled by drivers of vehicles moving in the same direction;
- it is forbidden to overtake and get ahead of vehicles with flashing beacons of blue and red or only red and green or blue and green in color and the vehicles (columns) accompanied by them, as well as to move in adjacent lanes at the speed of the column or to occupy a place in the column;
- the inclusion of an orange flashing light on vehicles with the “Children” mark, on motor vehicles of the road maintenance service during work on the road, on bulky and heavy vehicles does not provides them with advantages in movement, and serves to attract attention and warning of danger.
We want to emphasize that most drivers ignoring the above-mentioned rules actually create a situation because of which the implementation of urgent tasks on providing medical care, legal order, prevention and elimination emergencies are difficult to implement. During driving a vehicle it is necessary to strictly implement established requirements, first of all, governing by considerations of civil liability, and not by consequences of applied measures of administrative exposure for offences committed.