We received the following question:
«Who is eligible for receiving welfare assistance at a rate of 1500 rubles? Please, explain, which categories exactly?»
Our response: According to the Decree of the Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic of December 9, 2016 No. 211 “On Approving the Procedure for Providing Financial Aid in Monetary Terms to Certain Categories of Citizens of the Donetsk People’s Republic,” the following categories of citizens are eligible for financial assistance in monetary terms:
- Persons who reached the retirement age (men – 60 years, women – 55 years), who are not eligible for pension, people with disabilities who do not receive a pension and are registered with the Labor and Social Protection Administration;
- Pensioners who receive pension in the minimum amount (since January 1, 2017, the minimum pension payments are set at 2,600 rubles);
- Families with three or more children under the age of 18 (if a child attends a full-time education program – up to 23 years, provided that he/she does not have his/her own family);
- Persons who find themselves in a difficult life situation;
- Persons whose housing has been damaged as a result of hostilities and is not subject to recovery or requires major repairs, providing that it is not restored at the time of application;
- Forcibly displaced persons;
- Families of diseased defenders of the Donetsk People’s Republic;
- Persons injured as a result of hostilities within the Donetsk People’s Republic;
- Other persons upon approval by the Commission.
The ground for granting material assistance is the average monthly income of the family for the previous six months per each family member, which must not exceed five thousand two hundred rubles.
The application for receiving material assistance is accepted in the Labor and Social Protection Administration that operate at the place of registration of the applicant, providing that the applicant delivers full package of necessary documents:
1 copy of passport or address certificate (be sure to have passport original on hand);
2 copy of the TIN;
3 copies of documents confirming the applicant’s status (be sure to have original on hand);
4 declaration on income and property status of a person, who applied for financial assistance in monetary terms (to be filled out on the basis of income certificates);
5 certificate of family composition;
6 copy of the work record book (if available).
In order to receive material assistance, citizens who find themselves in a difficult life situation have to provide the following documents:
- Document on damage to housing;
2 act of examination of the applicant’s living conditions;
2 copy of medical reports of the Medical Consultative Board, Sociomedical expertising (if available);
3 document confirming that the applicant belongs to the family of the deceased (dead) defender of the Donetsk People’s Republic;
4 other documents / certificates confirming difficult life situation
of a citizen (upon decision of the Commission).
Please note, financial assistance in the amount of 1500 rubles is appointed once every three months from the date of application to the family, regardless of the number of family members who are eligible for this assistance.
Payment is carried out through the cash department of the Central State Bank of the Donetsk People’s Republic and the State Enterprise “Pochta Donbassa”.
Thank you for your attention. We look forward to your questions, which will not be ignored and will be addressed in our exhaustive video-answers. Follow us in social networks and in the official website of the Human Rights Ombudsman in the Donetsk People’s Republic.