Sample complaint letter (appeal)
To the Human Rights Ombudsman
in the Donetsk People’s Republic
(full name of the complainant, date of birth),
Full address (postal code must be specified)
Contact numbers (including mobile phone numbers)
Dear Mrs. Morozova!
Instructions for possible content of the complaint (appeal):
- Clearly specify the rights which you believe have been violated.
- Which authority (full name) or official (preferably, full name) tolerated violation or violated your rights;
- Which decisions or actions (inaction) caused violation of your rights (specify – when the actions were committed and the decisions were made)
- What actions have you taken in order to restore your rights and when did you do it (applied to an authority in writing, including applying to superior body)
- It is desirable to specify the kind of assistance the complainant expects to receive from the Ombudsman, and why he/she believes he/she has the right to do so
- If the complaint is submitted by the representative of a person, power of attorney or other document certifying the powers of representation must be attached.
Copies of responds to complaints and letters submitted earlier, copies of the decisions made on the complaint considered in judicial or administrative order, and copies of documents or data storage devices, confirming the matter of the complaint must be attached to the letter of complaint (appeal);
Attachments: necessary documents and data storage devices.
A complaint filed with the Ombudsman is not subject to state duty.