The Donetsk People’s Republic is going to transfer 300 persons convicted before the conflict, who expressed a desire to continue serving their sentences in the territory of Ukraine, to Kiev, said DPR Ombudsman Daria Morozova on Friday.
“Now there are 300 persons who wish to continue serving their sentences in the territory of Ukraine. I know that a group of convicts has already been transferred by the LPR. At the moment, we are preparing our group for the transfer. As soon as formal procedures are finished, we will prepare the lists and hand over the convicts,” Morozova said to journalists.
Ombudsman added that Kiev provided the list of 465 names at the last transfer of convicts. The review of the document has found that 132 persons from this list had been released, 5 persons died and 13 persons had been transferred earlier.