In response to numerous appeals to Public Reception of the DPR Ombudsman Office from citizens regarding the suspension of pension payments, we provide some clarification as follows:
Decree of the Head of DPR No.158 of 24.04.2015 approved a Procedure for payment and delivery of pensions. According to the Procedure, pensions are paid monthly in the period from day 4 to day 25.
Please note that pension payments must be received in due time. According to paragraph 2.7.1 of the Procedure (with the changes introduced by the Decree of the Head of the DPR No. 166 of 29.06.2017), payment of pension is suspended in the following cases:
– non-receipt of pension through postal organizations for two consecutive months;
– the absence during two consecutive periods, including the gap between them, of debit transactions in respect of accounts of pensions recipients opened in the Central Republican Bank.
We inform that the resumption of pension payments is made by submitting an application to the territorial bodies of the DPR Pension Fund.
Another important issue for residents of the Republic is receiving a pension by power of attorney. We inform you that the latter is allowed in the following cases:
– a pensioner undergoes inpatient treatment in medical institutions of the Donetsk People’s Republic (one may contact the Head Physician of the hospital);
– a person undergoes treatment in an infirmary or other military hospitals (one may contact the head of the military hospital);
– a person is staying at a military unit post (one may contact the commander of the military unit);
– a person is staying in a remand prison (one may contact the head of the remand prison).
We inform you that the power of attorney to receive pension is considered valid within 1 month.